Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Beginnings/Endings in Books

I just saw YA Sisterhood do this post and I thought I'd do it too. Here is the link to YA Sisterhood' s post:  http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-beginningsendings-in.html

1) Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
This had probably one of the worst cliffhanger endings in the world. I love how Daemon realized what was happening, and what he said. *internally swoons*

2) The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
I loved how, at the end, it all raps up nicely, but Rachel still says the prophecy, leaving a window open for The Lost Hero.

3) One Night With a Rock Star by Chana Keefer
I love the beginning-ish part were she meets Sky, because what happens in the beginning leads to what happens in the limo, and at her house. I love how she was not afraid to voice her opinions and voice what she stands for. And I LOVE how Sky acted towards her, and what happened on the stage both before and during the concert.

4) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I loved, at the end, how we are told by Akiva about what he did, and how I didn't see it coming. You may have seen it coming, but I didn't. And I loved the world building, and how we got to see her in her past life.

5) Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
I like how at the beginning how we learn about what the Dark Sisters are doing to Tessa and how there is so much excitement in the house, and how we met Will.

6) Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
I like right at the beginning, there is excitement. In some books that I've read, there is excitement from the end of the beginning of the book, if that makes sense. I like how the first chapter of Perry is spoken like he is a man, and how Veronica actually makes him sound like a protective man in a man's body, and not like a women in a man's body.

7) Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Shirtless Daemon. 'Nough said.

8) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I like at the end how she rebelled against the Capitol with the berries, and how knows that she is rebelling and stupid about what she is doing, like how some female leads act stupid, when I know the author can make them smarter than they act.

9) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
OMFG, THE END! "Katniss, there is no more Distric 12." End of Book Two.
And OMFG, THE CAPITOL! POOR PEETA!!!!! Stupid Capitol!!
And and OMFG, FINNICK ODAR!!!!! Sexy, sexy Odar!! I love you, Finnick!!

10) The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Poor Ash! He loves her so much, and her stupid destiny got in the way! I loved how he took the risk of letting his heart get hurt again, and gave it his best! I also loved how he was so willing to go with her into the Iron Relm, knowing the risk to himself. And, the ending was so sad, it broke my heart for both of them! She was so brave to do that for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment