Friday, July 19, 2013

Playlist: One Night With a Rock Star by Chana Keefer

This is the playlist I created/thought up for One Night With a Rock Star by Chana Keefer. Hope you enjoy!

Songs:
Red by Taylor Swift
Skyscraper by Demi Lovato
Timeless by The Airborne Toxic Event
State of Grace (acoustic) by Taylor Swift
Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons
Demons by Imagine Dragons
Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars
Sad Beautiful Tragic by Taylor Swift
Hall of Fame by The Script ft. will.i.am
The Lucky One by Taylor Swift
She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5
Fix You by Coldplay
I feel like Radioactive by Imagine Dragons is a song that Sky would sing. I don't know why. But. . . . I do

Do you have any suggestions for this song list? Let me know if you do! Hope you enjoy this list!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe!

    Thanks so much. This is really cool. I'll add a few songs that always take me back to the writing of Rock Star.

    Sting is a huge influence since, in my mind, Sky is comparable to a young Sting. His song, "Thousand Years," really captures the atmosphere of much of the longing experienced between Sky & Esther. It matches the melancholy of Sky as he drives away that first night thinking he will never see her again... although we don't get to hear about that until much farther into the story.

    Also, Moby's "Down Slow" is the theme in my head when E. & S. are falling in love with rain in the background as they sit in the floor having that first-night picnic.

    Also, when I was first writing Rock Star, in Summer of 2005, Cold Play's "Fix You" captured so much of the emotion I lived through with the characters.

    You're awesome!

    Chana Keefer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fix You is definitely a defining being for Rock Star! I can't believe that I didn't think of that! 'Thousand Years' sounds like the Jamaican/Mediterranean songs that E. describes throughout the book. 'Down Slow' sounds like one of those songs that would be playing in the background not something. I don't know but I like it!

    Thank you for reviewing my playlist! It makes me feel special!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete