Monday, July 1, 2013

Things I Like About Book Reviews

    One thing that I like to read when I read about book reviews, is that I like to see why the person likes or dislikes the book, like if the reviewer TELLS me what they liked and disliked about that book. Example with Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout: d the entire book, except for the character Blake and all his faulty actions. If they give an example like I just did (and that was legit), then they make me want to know what those actions are. Another thing that I like about book reviews is if the reviewer uses pictures or gifs to add emphasis on what they are trying to get across to you. Another thing with the gifs is that if they are of something that I know of, like a Supernatural gif, with Sam and Dean. It just makes more sense to me, because I know what was going on at the time of that episode, or what was happening in that moment. The minor things that I look for in a review is if they gives examples of w they can relate to the story. I know that sometimes I do that, and, to me, it shows that the story was relatable, rather than just saying that it. I know that sometimes it's hard to relate to characters that are, say, aliens, but if they act like they are humans, like Daemon and Dee Black do, it easy to relate to their emotions. Those are some of the things that I look for in a book review.

Picture of CassJayTuck

No comments:

Post a Comment