Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Judging a Book By Its Cover

They say not to judge a book by it's cover, but, in my experience, judging a book by it's cover has proven to be a good thing  for me. I bought One Night With a Rock Star BECAUSE of the cover.

 I hadn't heard anything about it, and I hadn't even read the reviews about it on Goodreads. I just bought it and started reading it. And it was REALLY good.

I had heard a little bit about Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but not that much. I saw the cover and decided that I wanted to read it.
I usually decide to read a book based on their COVERS. All that stuff about judging a book by it's cover is total BS. It's the publisher's job to create the covers, and when the covers are appealing to me, I usually buy them, just to see how good the book is.

I had read ONE SHORT review of The Oppurtunist and decided to read it AFTER I saw the cover.
In my opinion, you should judge a book by it's cover, because the cover is what interests the reader first. If you're a publisher, make an interesting book cover, and it will attract more readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment