Saturday, August 31, 2013

Review: Heist Society by Ally Carter

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1)Heist Society by Ally Carter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Heist Society is very cool. It follows this young girl named Katarina, who wants to be out of the thieving and spying world. But, when her dad gets threatened by a menacing man named Arturo Taccone, she will do anything to stop him from hurting her dad. Including re-steal paintings from the best museum in London, the Henley. So she, her 16 year old billionaire friend W. W. Hale the Fifth, a tech genius Simon, her beautiful cousin Gabrielle, two quirky brothers that I forgot the names of.

Let me first just say that Hale is the freaking best person and I hope that Kat and Hale get together in book 2, but I also kinda hope that they don't because I liked the tension between them. The song that I think I would give this is Royals by Lorde. I liked how Kat's team has a little bit of everything; they've got the computer genius to take down the security, the two brothers that cause the distraction, the man that distracts the person they are trying to steal from, and the person that actually steals from him. I liked how Heist Society kept you interested and always asking the questions What's gonna happen? Are they gonna get caught? It was very interesting to read from the perspective of a thief, and I wouldn't mind reading more books from that point of view. The reason that I became interested in Heist Society is because I have recently become obsessed with the idea of art heist's and thieving and pickpocketing. It just seems so cool to me and really fun to see what they are planning and see if they pull off the job ok. It was a very interesting thing to read about, and I would love to read more books from that point of view, not just Ally Carter books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment