Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Boyfriends

Sorry I didn't have this up yesterday, my internet was crapping out.

1) Daemon Black (Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout)
He is awesome. He is snarky and sarcastic and thoughtful and sweet and so so beautiful. When we first met him, he was shirtless, so bonus points for him there. He was rude to Katy at first because he was trying to protect her, because he liked "ever since you first flipped me off" (the first time they met on his front porch)(shirtless, I may add). I'm pretty sure that he has won over the hearts of all the people that have read about him, and I'm sure that he will continue to woo the hearts of all the people who have yet to meet him.

2) Po (Graceling by Kristin Cashore)
We first met Po in the court yard of a king that had kidnapped his grandfather; Po was looking for him. Katsa first ran into him while she was trying to clear the courtyard of the guards so that she and her secret team called The Council could save him. He then realizes that Katsa had taken his grandfather back to her Uncle's castle. He kind of reminds me of Jace from The Mortal Instruments because of the way that he acts. Po is snarky-ish and seems very laid-back for a Prince. He is very loyal, and I think that's why I like him so much.

3)Jace Wayland/Lightwood/Morgenstern/Herondale (The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare)
Ok, I'm pretty sure that this list would nit be complete without mention of Jace Wayland/Lightwood/Morgenstern/ Herondale. If you have ever met him you know why he is on this list. What is his last name, anyway? Even if he is Herondale, is he a Lightwood because he was raised with Alec and Izzy? Or is he still a Herondale? Anyway, Jace is pretty freaking awesome, not to mention a badass fighter! And he looks good in black clothes, so there's that. He has a very big ego, much like Daemon Black listed above. Jace is sarcastic, and I LOVE the amount of one-liners that he comes up with.

4) Sky (One Night With a Rock Star by Chana Keefer)
Sky seems like he would be really fun to be around. We first met Sky when Esther sunk backstage at one of his concerts. Later on in the story, we get to see how much fun they have together, and I think that it would be cool to experience (most of) what she experienced. Sky is funny, very witty, romantic, sarcastic, and he seems very experienced with the world.  I think that it would be fun to read from his point of view, just to see what he sees, and what he feels about Esther. Even though I'm rooting for Esther and Sky, I'm happy that she did what she did, because it made her seem strong.

5) Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
Ok, I know that this is a list about book boyfriends, but I'm making an exception with Dean. If ou've watched Supernatural, you would know why. I feel so bad for Den because he never gets a break. I'm on the fourth season on Netflix, and even already, Dean has had so many bad things happen to him. I think that it's really funny when he tries to hit on somebody, then they shoot him down. It's also kinda sad because he gets this really sad look on his face. Jensen Ackles is such a good actor! He is really good at crying! He is really funny, but then again he is also really serious. And I pretty much hate Sam at the moment.

6) Caleb (The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher)
This one is kind of strange. I hate him and love him at the same time. Hate him because of what he put Olivia through, but I love him for what he did with Olivia, if that makes any sense. I hate him because he cheated on her, them got pissed at her for doing the same thing. He was all like, "You're gonna die regretting what you did today," and I'm all like, "YOU ARE TOO!!!!!!!!!" I hate it when book characters are so moody (that statement was kind hypocritical, because this is pretty much a list of moody people, but he is more moody than all of them). I love him, also, because the fact that he faked what happened to him, just so that he could fix things with Olivia, and I thought that was really cute.

7) Akiva (Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor)
Ok, again this one is kinda strange. I love him because of how mysterious and dark he is, then again I hate him because of what he did to Karou's family and to Karou. And, I love him because he went into the human world, found her, and kept her close. But then again, I hate him because he just dropped to his knees and started crying without giving us an explanation until way later (it probably wasn't that much later, but still). I just, I, I don't know.

8) Maxon (The Selection by Kiera Cass)
I didn't like him that much in The Elite, but in The Selection, he was really sweet and caring and just plain out awesome. In The Elite, I didn't like him as much, because of the way that he changed from how he was in the first book compared to the second. In The Selection, he was really sweet, and cared about how America (the girl) was feeling, and cared about why she was sad, but in The Elite, is seemed like he kind of just pushed that part of him away, and wasn't as caring as he was in the first book.

9) Four (Divergent by Veronica Roth)
I like Four, not Tobias. Four is way more badass and pushes Tris way more than Tobias does, and think that that is really something special, because in a lot of books, you tend to see more of the man always protecting his girl, and I think in this, Four treats Tris more as an  equal, then a damsal, where as, Tobias treats Tris as a damsal. Four seems very male, and protective yet, at the same time, he treats her like she can hold her own, and I think that is important.

10) Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
I'm pretty sure that Percy Jackson is on everybody's list, if you have read the PJO books. He actually was my first book boyfriend, and PJO was the series that got me into reading. Percy is really witty, and it's just really fun to read from his POV because he realizes things that I wouldn't necessarily see and he makes a lot of funny remarks about those things that are pointed out. It's also really funny the amount of snide comments that he makes, and the amount of one-liners that just come out of his mouth, and you don't really see them coming. I think that it's just really fun.

That's all for my list today. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment