Thursday, August 22, 2013

Review: I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga

I Hunt KillersI Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ok, so I had to hold off from doing a review for this book right after I was done with it, BECAUSE of the ending. The ending of this book pissed me off so freaking much!!!!! Why can't Jazz just have peace, just for once?! Why, oh why, Barry Lyga did you have to put him through what he went through as a kid (being the son of a serial killer isn't as cool as you would think, really), then, on top of what Jazz went through in THIS book/age (17), I'm really surprised that Jazz isn't crazy by now. I suppose we have Connie to thank for that.

Poor Jazz. All he freaking wants to do is live a normal life after his dad got arrested! Is that really to much to ask?!

SPOILER
I had a feeling that Foulton was the killer. I also thought that it was Weathers or Erikson. And why the hell would a person want to impersonate Billy's murders?! Though, I did think that the drain-o thing was very original, and an "Artistic" choice;)
END SPOILER
I thought that I Hunt Killers was very well thought out and very different from all the books that I've read, which I liked. I haven't ever really heard of any kind of books like this, and I really liked the aspect of it. I also liked that we got to see what Jazz was thinking, instead of just seeing him as an arrogant dude. I liked that we got to see his feelings, and his nightmares, and all of his thoughts towards his dad. I liked how Barry Lyga created and set up the murders; they were very original and I've never read about or heard of somebody being killed like that.
SPOILER
I was kinda surprised about how Howie acted towards the killer when they figured out who he was. Not that I can blame him. I mean, he did try to kill him. I also thought that it was kind funny when he (Jazz) threatened the paramedic, but then I remembered that he was the son of a serial killer, so . . . yeah. :/ 
END SPOILER
I really liked this novel, and recommend it to anyone who likes mystery and crime and drama and young adult and any mix of the three. I also want to thank polandbananasBOOKS for talking about this book and getting me interested in reading it. It was an amazing read and it keeps you in suspense the ENTIRE time. I really, HIGHLY recommend I Hunt Killers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment