Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First SightThe Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Well, for starters, I had probably wanted to start reading this a year, year and a half ago, and, to put it simply, it wasn't worth the wait. It wasn't a terrible book, it just kind of felt like the characters weren't real, or that they were working and talking about things too quickly, and even though the dude Oliver was British, I find that I really fell in love with his character like I usually would. I have read Jennifer E. Smith's This is What Happy Looks Like, and the endings feel kind of the same; you don't really get any closure from the book like you would with a regular, fan-girl, freak out book like the Fault in Our Stars or something, though don't get me wrong, there were a few moments like that, but not enough to make it any better than what it was. It just wasn't all that appealing, because I love those moments when you absolutely freak out and scream and jump up and down in your seat moments. I think that that is one of my favorite parts about reading, is that you have those moments often enough for the book to stay exciting, and with the Statistical Probably of Love at First Sight, I didn't really have any of the exciting moments like that, and think that is what made it rating that it is. And, with both this book and This is What Happy Looks Like, it kind of explained more than it actually told the story, and was more in the past, like your telling a story inside of a story, than just that first, original story. It didn't really appeal to me, though I do really like contemporary a lot more. It just wasn't for me, to be honest, though it isn't to discourage you from reading it, because you may like it better than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment