Sunday, October 27, 2013

Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I took it off my older sister's bookshelf, not really expecting to get into it so quickly, but WOW! I really enjoyed it! I hadn't really known what it was about, but I think that that's the best kind of book to read; if you've heard of it and you didn't really know what it was about, but you still wanted to read it. That's how I have found most of my favorite books, because I didn't really know what it was about, but I still wanted to read it, or because the cover looked cool. The one thing that I didn't like about this was how much she was insane over Conrad. Yes, we get it. You love Conrad, and Jeremiah is only your best friend. You don't have to tell us all the time. But, aside from that, I really liked it!

Anyway, I really liked how we went to the summer house in the first chapter, and I really liked the fact that Belly didn't call it the beach house but the summer house instead. I also liked how, when something happened that reminded her of another time at the summer house, she kind of flashed back to that moment that it reminded her of, and told us about what happened and what age she was when that it happened, like her first kiss. I liked that a lot. I found that I really liked Susannah, even though she wasn't really there the entire time, and usually I find people that are just mentioned a lot but are never in the scene are annoying but I actually really liked both Susannah and Laurel (Belly's mom). At first I thought that Belly's name was actually belly, like a stomach, but after she explained it to Cam, I had a moment of feeling stupid because I didn't think of it. It was a really phenomenal book, and I'm kind of sad that I hadn't read it sooner, because it has been sitting on my sisters bookshelf for a really long time.

I was really sad about what we learned about Susannah in the end, I had always thought that Conrad was just upset about his parents divorce, and I thought that was just it, but when we learned the actual truth, I felt really bad that I had thought that Conrad was being kind of whiny. But, his reason for being all pissy was totally legitimate.

At first I thought that I liked Conrad better, but then he was being mean and pissy for what seemed like no reason, so then I liked Jeremiah better, but the I learned that when Belly brought Taylor with her that summer, Jeremiah had totally focused on Taylor and acted totally cold to Belly, as if she wasn't there, so then it made me really dislike both Jeremiah and Taylor. And then we learned that Taylor (view spoiler) so I hated Taylor, and I still do. I still hate Taylor. But now I like Conrad, and it may seem like I'm being like the girls at school that go through guys, like, insanely fast, but I'm not. There is only two options and they are "fictional," as the normal people say, but you know, whatever. Jere just got really annoying after he went out with Taylor, and Conrad actually loves Belly, even though he never really says it. I just know. And, Conrad is actually way better looking than Jere, according to the descriptions in the book. But, yeah, there is my rant about Con and Jere. (=

I read this book in one sitting. It's one of those books that you don't want to put down, and it's only 276 pages, so it's not like it's a lot, and all that time consuming. It was really amazing, and I really suggest that you go buy it, or if you already have it and it has been sitting on your shelf for a while and you keep just pushing it off and see something that you want to read more, I suggest that you read this one next. It was, and is, rreeaallyy good!I would rate it probably 4.5 stars, but since you can't do that, I give it five stars. (=</["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]>

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment