Sunday, June 23, 2013

Books Become Thought

When you read a book, sometimes you read it, then when you put the book down, you forget about what you just read. But sometimes you read a book, then when you put it down, you think about it for months after you finish reading it, like how I read Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout in November, and I'm still thinking about it in June, and I think that those are my favorite kind of books to read. Sometimes you can pick up a book that is a fun read, but you still think about that book a week after you finish it, and I think that once you think about it for more than a week, it becomes a thought that is constantly in your mind even if it's pushed to the back of your mind. Once it is in your head, it is there forever, and you can't get it out, and I think that the booms that are amazing and keep you thinking about it are the ones that deserve to be read, and in the present we become so focused on things like work, and school, that sometimes we forget to look at those good, amazing books, and read them, and I think that the real loss isn't for the book, it's for you. I think that every once in a while, people need to take time out of their busy schedual, and sit down, and crack open a book, even if it's a picture book. People need to realize how important booms are, and cherish them while you can. That's one of the reasons I like reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment